Monday, December 1, 2008

LORD, Have Mercy

I am becoming increasingly aware of how much sin is still in my life and how hard my heart is in many areas. I am being continually broken because of these things. John Calvin once said that "Every one of us is, even from his mother's womb, a master craftsman of idols." Some of the idols we make are obvious but many idols we make are so subtly made and because we are easily decieved by our own mind and by satan, they go largely undetected.

May God continue to show us the small gods that we have propped up in our lives and may He open our eyes to the Truth and destroy that which cannot truly satisfy us in the deepest way possible.

I pray that the LORD strengthens me so that even if I lose everything in this life I can say in the midst of anything that might befall me: "Christ is enough. God may take my family, my health, God may throw me into prison or deliver me to die an agonizing death, but nothing is more precious to me than Christ."

May the LORD grant us the grace to known Him more fully and treasure Him in all of life be it good or bad.



Jesus, I've forgotten the words that You have spoken
Promises that burned within my heart have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow the paths of earthly wisdom
Forgive me for my unbelief
Renew the fire again

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me

I have built an altar where I worship things of men
I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgressions
Help me love You again

I have longed to know You and Your tender mercies
Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end
I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence
Your grace forever shining
Like a beacon in the night
-Robin Marks

No comments:

Post a Comment