Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jokes of the Day

One day in church the minister prayed with his arms stretched out towards the heavens, "Dear LORD, without You we are but dust." A little girl turned to her dad sitting next to her in the pew and asked, "Dad, what is butt dust?"


A poor man knocked on the door of a house in a rural area asking for something to eat. The lady who answered was Mrs. Smith, a retired school teacher. "First let me show you something," said Mrs. Smith, leading him to the woodshed behind which there was a pile of uncut wood.
"Do you see the wood?" she asked.
"Yeah, I seen it."
"You should say, 'I saw it'."
The man looked up at her and said, "Lady, you saw me see it, but you ain't gonna see me saw it."


"Veni. Vedi. Visa: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping."


On a daredevil's T-shirt: "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

-From Blum's Almanac

No comments:

Post a Comment