Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thinking Back Part 3

For the past couple of weeks I have been rummaging through old memories, looking back at the road I have traveled these past couple of years. There were great immensities of both joy and pain during this time, often times intermingled with one another. I praise God for how He changed my heart during these times, using family and friends and life circumstances to do a mighty work in my life. The support I received from family and friends at this time was a true blessing and I know that God used these people to get me through the tough times.

One of the greatest challenges I have ever been through was dealing with a complexity of mental health and neurological problems, which, as many of you know, took aim at destroying my life in a multiplicity of ways. It has taken years to get these health issues sorted out, which complicated the doctors from knowing what all was going on at that time.

There was a period of time during this where I was recovering from some brain trauma I had experienced and had to take some time to recuperate. I had to stop going to school because I was unable to comprehend anything involving reading, which was a very devastating thing for someone like me to deal with. (If this tells you anything, I have two bookshelves in my room and I only keep books I know I will refer back to.)

Being unable to read or do a lot of other things, I began to paint during the day to express myself and to give me something to do during this time. The pictures below are the result of this time, and I hope they are a blessing to you.














No comments:

Post a Comment