Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spectacular Sins: Expanding The Vision of God

"I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus." (Rev. 1:9 NIV)

The link below is something I found this afternoon. It blew me away. It is from a book coming out by John Piper. In the world we live in, we need a huge vision of God to make it through the difficulties that will befall us and the world. Please listen to these words when you really have a chance to sit and breathe them in. Pray over this and meditate on it. God has been working on my heart and has become much larger and much more for me these past couple of weeks. I am learning what it means to fear God both in terror from His wrath and in Awe of who Christ is. In knowing both of these, I have come to have a deep peace and a much greater vision of how huge the love of God because of knowing this. It is pride-crushing and God-exalting to catch the vision this message brings.

The book is available on Desiring God for $5. Consider buying this book. If you do not have the money for it but feel that you need to read it, let me know (chleba913@hotmail.com) and I will buy one for you. I am serious about this.

My heart is aching that all or maybe even any of us, maybe even myself, reading this post and and listening to the link below will catch this vision. I have stopped half a dozen times in this writing praying deeply in my spirit and overwhlemed by my emotions that the Church in America may catch this. May God quicken us and give us hears to hear and eyes to see Him with.

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/MediaPlayer/3219/Audio/

No comments:

Post a Comment