Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Post Secrets

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." (James 5:16a NIV)

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 NIV)


There is a group that has produced several books of secrets that people mailed into them on postcards done in an artsy fashion. The link to the blog is Post Secrets right in the mix of the other blogs. It is updated every Sunday night and is absolutely amazing. It is so refreshing to read people's real thoughts about things going on in their life and to know that I am not the only one with all of these crazy thoughts and unknown things inside of me.

I am so thankful for having the grace of God in Christ to go to the Father to confess things to. I think if I admit it there are areas where I don't want to fully acknowledge that I am at the place that I am on some things. Some of it is just bizarre or really funny but are things you just wouldn't say to anyone. It is good to have sites like this where people can release a thought from their mind. I do believe it helps us give release to one another when we read and know about other people's stuff. And it even cleanses us when we go before God with things that we need help with. Check out the site if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment